Ajna Chakra - The Third Eye (Brow)
Developing wisdom and intuition
Known as Ajna (beyond knowledge), awakening this chakra takes you beyond the mental, rational, mechanistic mind to your center of intuition and understanding.
- LOCATION: Brow, between and just above eyebrows
- ELEMENT: Ether SENSE: Intuitiion COLOR: Indigo or violet MANTRA: Om or Ksham
- ORGANS/ GLANDS: Brain and nervous system/ Pineal and pituitary
- BALANCED: You have excellent focus and clarity of thought. You listen to and trust your intuition and use it to connect to your soul's calling and life's purpose. You develop wisdom by balancing intelligence, intuition and experience.
- UNBALANCED: You feel scattered and uncertain. You spend time fantasizing, but can't create a plan to bring ideas to fruition. You may frequently feel confused or depressed. You over-intellectualize and reject spirituality or God, because they can't be "proven."
- YOGA EXERCISES: Trataka, meditation on the third eye, Archer pose, Garudasana (Eagle), Balancing poses, Sirsasana (headstand), Yogamudrasana, Balasana (Child pose), other poses where forehead rests on the floor.