Anahata Chakra - The Heart Chakra
Love, compassion and authentic connection
This chakra is called the Anahatha, which means unstruck. Unlike sound that comes from two things striking one another, the energy of the heart chakra creates the Naad, an inner sound or vibration that is free from friction. When emotion is transmuted into devotion, it resonates with the feeling of divine, unconditional love.
- LOCATION: Near the notch in the throat
- ELEMENT: Air SENSE: Sight COLOR: Green or pink MANTRA: YUM
- ORGANS/ GLANDS: Heart, lungs, / Thymus
- BALANCED: It's easy for you to love and to accept love. You easily forgive others and act with compassion. You see the good in others and offer service out of a sense of kindness, not obligation. Your relationships are positive and based on mutual respect.
- UNBALANCED: You struggle with feelings of isolation, depression and grief. You are closed to others and have difficulty giving and receiving love. You are easily offended and hurt. Love and affection is tied to dependence or fear of rejection.
- YOGA EXERCISES: Pranayama, Arm and shoulder openers, Gomukasana (Cow face pose), Ustrasana (Camel), Urdhva Dhanurasana (Wheel).