Manipura Chakra - The Navel Chakra
Centering, taking action, manifesting your will
This chakra is your power center. It's name is Manipura, which means lustrous jewel. It is tied to your self-image and willpower.
- LOCATION: Near the navel - above the beltline, below the sternum
- ELEMENT: Fire SENSE: Sight COLOR: Yellow MANTRA: RAM
- ORGANS/ GLANDS: Stomach, liver, spleen, pancreas / Thymus
- BALANCED: You are physically and emotionally centered. Your commitment and integrity are unshakeable. You have a strong self-image and the stamina, resilience and perseverance to overcome life’s ups and downs. You distinguish between power and force, and have the will to pursue your life’s purpose.
- UNBALANCED: You struggle with authority and are challenged by issues of control or freedom. You tend to be possessive, aggressive, territorial or egotistical or just the opposite - unable to exert your will or manifest your desires. Problems with digestion.
- YOGA EXERCISES: Bhastrika pranayama, Uddhiyana Bandha, Nauli, Ego Eradicator Kriya, Dhanurasana (Bow) Twisting poses like Parvritta Utkatasana (Twisting chair) and Jathara Parivattasana (Supine Twist).