Svadisthana Chakra - The Sacral Chakra
Creativity, belonging and sacred relationships
Swadisthana means "ones' own place." Awakening the energy here helps you tap into your own creative power, and understand that you create your reality by building healthy relationships, which begin with self-acceptance that is free from judgment.
- LOCATION: Near the sex organs, at the base of the sacrum
- ELEMENT: Water SENSE: Taste COLOR: Orange MANTRA: VUM
- ORGANS/ GLANDS: Sexual organs, kidneys, bladder / Reproductive glands
- BALANCED: You have a healthy relationship to sexuality at every age and stage of your life. You express emotions appropriately. You develop responsible relationships. You recognize your own creativity and seek to create a positive life.
- UNBALANCED: You can be over emotional or completely rigid. You struggle setting boundaries and can have irresponsible relationships or rely on sex as a proxy for intimacy. You may have problems with reproductive organs or kidney trouble.
- YOGA EXERCISES: Uddhiyana bandha, Baddha konasana, (bound angle), cat/ cow vinyasa, Setu Bandha (Bridge pose), Maha Mudra, Garudasana (Eagle pose), Frog pose, Child's pose with knees wide, Savasana with sandbag resting on l