Muladhara Chakra - The Root Chakra
Safety, security and survival
This chakra is your connection to the physical world - your body and your environment. It influences how you hold on to things, including past traumas, and how you perceive security and abundance. Governs you "fight or flight" response.
- LOCATION: The end of the spine between the anus and the sex organs.
- ELEMENT: Earth SENSE: Smell COLOR: Red MANTRA: LAM
- ORGANS/ GLANDS: Organs of elimination, large intestine/ Adrenals
- BALANCED: You feel balanced and content with your surroundings, feeling you have what you need to survive. You are grounded, centered and secure. You are loyal and see things through to completion. You have healthy digestion and elimination.
- UNBALANCED: Life is dominated by fear and insecurity. You feel like you'll never have enough to get by. Sometimes life feels like a burden. You easily and frequently fall ill, and suffer from elimination problems, constipation or hemorrhoids.
- YOGA EXERCISES: Malasana (yogic squat), Kundalini Crow Squats, Utkatasana (Chair Pose), Mulabhandha (Root Lock), Virabhadrasanas (Warrior poses), Upavista Konasana (Seated wide-leg pose), Paschimottanasana (Seated forward fold).